- Stinging Nettle leaf may help with glycemic control in type 2 insulin dependent diabetes.
- Clin Lab. 2013;59(9-10):1071-6.
- Water and alcohol extract of nettle reduced oxidative stress in people with type 2 diabetes
- Pak J Biol Sci 2012 Jan 15;15(2):98-102
- Water and alcohol extract of Stinging Nettle reduced inflammation and improved insulin resistance.
- Pak J Biol Sci. 2011 Aug 1;14(15):775-9.
- Study using rats revealed that U. dioica has an hypoglycemic effect
- Pak J Biol Sci. 2007 Apr 15;10(8):1200-4.
- High anti-bacterial activity with the use of the seeds of U. dioica
- Stinging Nettle has been shown to be mildly helpful in allergic rhinitis
- Planta Med. 1990 Feb;56(1):44-7.
- Pain of osteoarthritis was reduced better with nettle sting that with placebo in this randomized, double-blind study.
- J R Soc Med 2000 Jun;93(6):305-9
- A small exploratory study revealed that patients felt that their pain was helped with nettle sting.
- Complement Ther Med 1999 Sep;7(3):126-31
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Stinging Nettle was helpful in reducing symptoms of BPH in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- J Herb Pharmacolther. 2005;5(4):1-11
- A year long study in Germany found that irritation and other symptoms of BPH (or as they call it BPS, Benign Prostatic Syndrome).
- Urologe A. 2004 Mar;43(3):302-6